Thursday, September 26, 2013

Marathon Training Update (Week 15)

This Week's Recap:

Runs: 3
Total Miles: 29
Long Run: 20  (crazy!)

Saturday was a big day... I had September 21 marked on my calendar for a long time.  The 20 mile run is the peak of the marathon training.  I was nervous going into it because I've been dealing with some problems with my right foot.  The run went really well.  My foot bothered me for the first 6 miles and then I got into a rhythm and it held up okay.

It was a beautiful morning, and there were so many moments where God gave me the gift of His presence and strength.  Some of the things I love about running are being out in God's creation, alone, and listening to worship music.  It provides the opportunity for special moments between God and me.  The finish of the 20 mile was a taste of what I hope the end of the marathon will feel like.  Pure joy... thanking God for His faithfulness and strength and the opportunity to run!

P.S. My foot is still a problem, and I'm having trouble walking these days. Uh-oh!  I'm going to lay off running for a few more days and continue to ice and compress it.  I'm trying not to worry about it and instead trying to choose to trust God.  But I'd be lying if I said I'm not nervous about it given the marathon is about 2 weeks away.  I would covet your prayers for God's healing for my foot.      

No comments:

Post a Comment