Monday, September 16, 2013

Grateful!

I'm back into a rhythm of training and am very grateful to get in 4 runs this week with a long of 15 miles.  I'm feeling close to 100% after recovering from bronchitis, and I'm gearing up for the peak training run of 20 miles this next weekend.  Even though the sickness and recovery has been frustrating, it has brought me to a new place of dependence on God.  "Weak made strong" has been a motto and prayer for me these days just recognizing how much I need God throughout this journey and can't depend on myself and my own strength.  Dependence doesn't always feel good, but it is a good place to be!

Yesterday at church, we focused the whole service on our partnership in Bolivia with Bethesda Church.  It was a joy to hear our different team members share about their heart for the leaders and children at Bethesda.  I preached a sermon titled "Stakeholders in God's World" calling us to raise the stakes on our investments and relationships in God's work around the world.  I'm very thankful for all that God did and our church's continued partnership with Bethesda.

Our running crew from church, Team Bethesda, has raised $2,900 at this point, and I personally have raised over $1,000.  Praise God!  I'm very grateful for all the people who are giving their resources to partner with what God is doing at Bethesda.  We still have a ways to go to reach our goal, and I want to raise over $1,300 more for these children and youth at Bethesda.  Check out this link to read more:  http://www.razoo.com/story/Jared-Ahrens-Fundraising-For-Team-Bethesda.

Just wanted to share all these things to be thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment