Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Are you ready?"


This is the question that many of you have asked me this week.  I do appreciate the question and your interest as marathon day approaches (3 more days!).   The other question I have been asked a lot recently is “Are you nervous?”  The answer is yes to both questions!

Yes, I'm a little nervous!  I’m most nervous about the dynamics of running with 45,000 other people.  I’m curious how I will handle running in a pack for most of the race, and I’m hoping it won’t be a distraction and that I will be able to find my groove and rhythm.  I can also see how running in a pack could be a big boost and encouragement knowing that I’m not alone.  I'm also really hoping that I don't need to go to the bathroom during the race! :) 

Yes, I do feel ready, and I’m really excited for Sunday! I’m grateful for the training journey and for all the miles I've logged so far.  God has been faithful and has given me strength and protection throughout the journey.  There were a couple setbacks with sickness and injury, but even with those, I look back as much needed breaks and time for my body to rest and heal.   My hope is that Sunday will be a glorious day and experience.  I’m excited to see how God will provide and give me the strength to go all the way to 26.2.

I’m thrilled for all the people that have made donations and are praying for the children and youth at Bethesda Church.  It is awesome to know that these beautiful Bolivian kids are being cared for and provided for.  Thank you, God! 

 I’m thankful for my amazing wife, my children, and my other family members who have supported me throughout this journey and will be there on Sunday cheering me on.  I’m grateful for all my friends who have taken an interest in my training even though they aren’t into running at all.

I’d appreciate your prayers on Sunday and for God to continue the work that He has begun in me through running.   This is a prayer that I have prayed many times during my runs, and I invite you to pray this with me and for me:

“I kneel before you, God, the One who loves me, created me, sustains, and gives me life and I run not for myself but for your glory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment