Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What This is All About...

Over the past year, something shocking has happened in my life... I have begun to run.  Not only to run but to actually enjoy running!  I am quite surprised myself at this turn of events.   Now, I am by no means a highly skilled or gifted runner, but I am really enjoying this journey God has me on.

Running has awakened something deep within me.  I believe God is doing something when I run.  There is a sense of life and freedom when I'm out there hitting the streets.  I believe that I'm running for a purpose and that there is more to all this than I even realize.  And as I run, my heart's desire is to run for God's glory.

The purpose of this blog is to document the journey of this rookie runner and also explore how running impacts my relationship with God.  I'm very curious myself to see where this journey goes!

2 comments:

  1. So glad and so proud of you for starting this blog, honey! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you too. I will always be your biggest cheerleader! Run, Jared, run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hon! Thanks for being such a great support and for blessing and cheering me on in this journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete